Wednesday, June 17, 2009

supporting a good cause...gmh


So when I get the temptation to convince myself that my life is a lot better then other peoples, fmylife.com is visited by most to lift our spirits. For me, it only makes me feel awful. I feel dirty, like I shouldn't be reading what I'm reading, because we all read it for the same reason, because its fun to laugh at other peoples misfortunes. Not any longer.

GMH. Gives me hope, is our new saying. Instead of fml following every single statement we make, we will tell uplifting stories, stories of compassion and heart and follow it by gmh.

http://www.givesmehope.com/

With a tagline that reads "Like FMyLife, but for optimists!" the page opens to a familiar view for those of you who have ever visited fmylife.com. These posts will give you hope. I promise you that. Posts like

"I got my first boyfriend at age 16, and soon after I was diagnosed w/ multiple sclerosis. Soon after, I developed a bad limp and have trouble walking. But, he's stayed with me for 5 years. He still takes care of me and tells me I'm beautiful everyday. Now, we're engaged. GMH"

These stories are exactly what I needed this morning. It is definitely worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment