Monday, June 15, 2009

there's a tiger in the bathroom

The Hangover
The most underated movie of the year. If you haven't seen it you need to. Everyone figured it was a bro movie (aka a movie meant only for those under the age of 23 or those whose maturity was less then it should be)
False!
I saw this movie with two friends and a multitude of adults, some of whom I swear received a senior citizen discount.
I knew this movie would be big. With a cast of up and comings how could it not be. Of course the gorgeous Bradley Cooper is probably the biggest name in the movie, and well let's face it he's just so pretty. Pulls off the aviators and a vest at the beginning and I quivered when he appeared in the suit...oh the suit. Must focus. Yes. His acting is better then ever. Even though he's still getting the pretty boy roles, he lived up to the hype of this one. Let's just hope he gets out of the "Matthew McConaughay trend." I have hope.
I think it is about time we see these guys come into there own. First, I love Ed Helms, his portrayal of Andy Bernard on The Office is so lovable and this movie is not an exception. Dr. Stu is like Andy but Helms gets more room to stretch his legs in this film. No worries for those Bernard fans, there is an original song sung by good old Dr. Stu.
Justin Bartha, who spends most of the movie lost, needs a lead soon. I don't know about anyone else but my favorite character in National Treasure was Riley ("delicious jams and jellies...") he is precious and I love him. His few scenes are so cute.
I just feel like he's a good guy...I wouldn't fight it. Justin and Bradley worked together in a cute movie called Failure to Launch, along with a personal favorite Zooey Deschanel, and there is an obvious chemistry between the two. Totally believe they're besties.
Last but not least, finally the world will realize the brilliance that is Zach Galifianakis. If you haven't seen Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis then you need to. Stat! He's the perfect mixture of creepy and sincere.
I short, this movie is worth every penny. See it with people you love, who are not afraid to laugh so hard they cry.

2 comments:

  1. haha i love the use of lainey word quiver. it's too true.

    and i loved riley! so much better than nicholas cage- YUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed. nicholas cage is a creepa.

    ReplyDelete