Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ahoy! And other Nautical Expressions


Let's continue this love affair, shall we?

As I was exiting the theatre last night after Harry Potter I was reminded by the amazing posters how unbelievable the new Alice in Wonderland will be.

Under regular circumstances, Tim Burton is not my taste. Sure he has had many many hits in his time directing but most of them are not my taste. But he is the only director for Alice. It is a dark tale.

And oh the cast. Johnny Depp, need I say more? He is perfection in every part, but the dark ones are where he shines. Example, Sweeney Todd. Who else could have played that part well. I mean he's not a great signer but the was the character.

Depp will be teaming up again with his Sweeney Todd co-star Helena Bonham Carter, who I am obsessed with of course. I love her. She is so cooky. She doesn't care about the pretty parts, which is why she is great. She hasn't been in one regular movie really. At least not recently. Every movie is dark, which is why it is no coincidence that she tends to be in
movies with Johnny Depp, like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I wonder if it's contractual, if it's dark and including one of them, the other is automatic?

Anne Hathaway making waves in this movie and I am calling it early. This is not what we would expect from Anne. Let's hope she doesn't screw it up

And of course...Alan Rickman! Yes, the love from Harry Potter, again with ties to Helena. He was also in Sweeney Todd!! It's so complicated.

So amped for this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment