Thursday, July 2, 2009

Preacher Man

So I don't know how many of you saw Rev. Al Sharpton's impromptu "eulogy," as one of my unlces phrased it, outside of the Apollo Theatre after the death of Michael Jackson. It was semi-ridiculous. One of those, who do you think you are type deals. I mean don't get me wrong, I am all for the Reverend consoling people and trying to help in the healing process but this was over the top. People were wailing and he was up there shaking his almighty hand, it was just too soon. Anyway here is Al Sharpton at the memorial gathering for Michael Jackson, as a tribute, a dance party if you will (or even if you won't) at the Apollo Theatre. I love this first picture. Like he is loving life he's one of the only people on stage because he's like the master you know. His face is saying "I run this!" He is pumping up that crowd. If there is one thing Al should be know for it is his ability to hold a crowd. The second picture however, just creeps me out. In that picture his face is saying "Get you some!" I'm pretty sure she's wearing all denim. This is not how I like my men of God, but I digress, to each his own. I cannot blame him for this though. Michael Jackson's music is catchy, and I will admit I will dance to it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment