Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Taking it Back

I am not a fan of Tyler Perry. This is going to have to change. I take it all back. Right now.

I am sure most people heard about the 65 children who were kept from swimming because they would change the "complexion" of the swim club. These children were black. The backlash was immediate and deserved.

When the reports of this story first broke I couldn't quite believe it. I can't say I believe that this was against the rules of the club and the decision was most definitely not made by upper management (who later explained it would have been too overcrowded) , but the result of one persons prejudice.

Tyler Perry did something about it. He is sending them to Disney World. And then he thanked other people. He is thanking his fans for making him famous and therefore able to help others. We need more Tyler Perry's in Hollywood

No comments:

Post a Comment