Thursday, July 23, 2009

Knock Off

So this morning I was watching The View (Yes, I know...) and Demi Lovato of Disney fame was on. One of the women made an interesting comment. Her new show "Sonny with a Chance" is like 30 Rock for her age group.

And guess what, that's exactly what it is! I was livid! I watched an episode of 30 Rock last night and an episode of Sonny today and it broke my heart.

I love 30 Rock. It is hysterical, but you have to get that kind of
humor. Otherwise it is lost on you. It is lost on a lot of people. Unfortunately.

Sonny with a Chance is a show about the production of a
comedy sketch show. Same as 30 Rock. Not only that but the characters are the same. Demi plays the part of Sonny who is of course Liz Lemon on 30 Rock played by the brilliant Tina Fey.

There is a Tracy Jordan character, a Jenna, a Kenneth and even a Jack. I know I know!

Needless to say this has forever damaged me. How could they. Sure it's young and not as funny and I am almost sure that they didn't do it on purpose, but still.

Don't believe me? See for yourself...This is how an episode of 30 Rock would start. Exactly the same

No comments:

Post a Comment