Monday, July 13, 2009

Hey Chicago What do you Say?

The Cubs are going to win today!

I root for the Cubs. I will admit that I am new to the baseball world but when I started school in Chicago about 20 minutes from the historic Wrigley Field I know they would be my team.

When you live in Chicago, you have two choices, Cubs or White Sox. You root for one or you root for a hometown team. Anyway you have it though, Chicago is a baseball town.

It doesn't bother me that the team which is quickly changing my views on baseball (I used to hate baseball) hasn't won since 1908. In fact, it makes me love them more and more. Given the choice between the Cubs and the White Sox it depends on what you want. If I wanted a team to always win, and if I wanted a team cheer for and know it might just happen then obviously the choice is the White Sox.

But I will take history over winning any day. The Cubs represent something. Cubs fans will tell you everything you might ever want to know about the Cubs, and when they loose of course they will be disappointed. But holy lord, when then win, you better be ready for a crazy night. I have been the fortunate CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) passenger who made the wrong decision to take the red line when there's a Cubs game.

If you've never been on the red line then I'll let you know that it stops directly next to Wrigley. Like Wrigley Field backs up onto the red line. Therefore, it the best mode of transportation for fans. Heaven forbid that you should be on the El when the game lets out. Jam packed with red white and blue jerseys (I want one so bad) and everyone is drunk as hell. If there is one thing Chicago might do best, it's baseball and booze

Hears the point, you can mock me for suddenly being a baseball fan and then for being a Cubs fan, but it will never change. Now give me a damn jersey!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Go baseball!!! Although, I'm a lifelong Indians fan, we are in the same boat with the rooting for the underdogs. Oh the heartache our teams put us through...

    ReplyDelete